We created an interactive luxury shopping experience for the Mulberry brand for the China market. Users could experience the Mulberry shop through WeChat on their phones.
Users could pan their phone screens left or right to get a panoramic view of the inside the Mulberry virtual store as well as interact with and buy the products.
The microsite was successfully launched on Weibo and WeChat.
© Katana Creative Media
- Project type: Team project, collaborating with the client, the design agency director and in-house developer
- Duration: 2014/2015
- Role: Designer, UI/UX, Q&A Testing
- Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Jira
- Result: Launched a promotional microsite as part of a successful social media activation
- Give users the experience of a luxury shopping experience
- Social media promotion
- Connect with customers of luxury brands in China
- Increase engagement with the brand
- Brand awareness & promotion
- Young aspirational Asians who primarily use Weibo & Weichat to connect with their favourite brands
- The app should give the user a fun experience to engage them with the brand
The experience would start outside the shop with the doors animating open.
Users could pan left and right to see the whole length of the store window front and would be instructed to shake their phone.
Phone shake would being the experience which would drop down animated gift boxes filling the screen
Once the user had entered the shop door they can pan up and down and tap to zoom into different sections to examine the products.
User can tap on the Mulberry icon above each product for more product information and link to purchase.
User can browse the products, find more info, share & purchase.
- The microsite was successfully launched on Weibo & WeChat
- Increased customer engagement
- Increased brand awareness
Thank you for making it to the end!
If you have any questions about my work please don’t hesitate to contact me