Giçlee prints on heavy-weight fine art paper from high-res detailed scans of all the originals. Each print will also come with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity and will be shipped to you. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Limited Edition Run:
- A1 (33 x 23.4 in) = 50 Prints
- A2 (23 x 16.5 in) = 60 Prints
Once a run is sold out there will be no more prints of that particular work.
Buying a Print
If you would like a print, either email me > email@example.com
or use the contact form below and tell me:
- Which one you’d like (See the Portfolio > Illustration)
- The size (A1 or A2)
- Your shipping address
- Then I’ll send you either a paypal account or my bank account details
- Once the payment is received (see details below for shipping costs) I’ll have them printed and posted pronto!
Print Prices (not including postage)
- A1 (33 x 23.4 in) : £200 / INR 20,000
- A2 (23 x 16.5 in) : £150 / INR 15,000
Postage & Packaging
Shipping / Postage costs will be dependant on location (details below)
Allow 4 days from payment for printing & 5-6 working days for shipping.
- International (Australia, USA, Africa, Asia) Royal Mail Tracked
– 5-6 working days
– £28 (includes packaging)
- Europe (Royal Mail Tracked)
– 5-6 working days
– £22 (includes packaging)
- UK (Royal Mail Tracked)
– 5-6 working days
– £13 (includes packaging)
Note: Royal Mail has slightly cheaper untracked options for shipping, but I would not recommend using them in case the package gets lost in transit. However if you would prefer the cheapest possible shipping option let me know, however I would not be able to replace the print if lost.
Fine Art Print Papers I Use
- Hahnemühle German Etching 310 gsm: Beautiful textured finish
- Hahnemühle Photo Rag 310 gsm: Smooth matt finish
- Limited edition run of prints
- Editions: A1 x 50 + A2 x 60
- No more prints once each run is sold out.
- High res scans of the originals, colour proofed and tested
- Print usually comes with a minimum 1.5 inch border with the image centered on the paper. Let me know if you would like a custom size border
- Each print will come with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- No framing at this point in time
- I will only print to order, once payment is received.
- Email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Giclée print?
The word Giclée (zhee-klay) comes from the French word gicler meaning “to squirt, spurt, or spray”. The term is now generally accepted to describe high quality art and photographic inkjet printing, on fine art and photo papers, using archival pigment inks. Giclée printing is perfect for fine art reproduction, photography, digital art and illustration.
What are the advantages of archival pigment prints (Giclée) over C-Type and Digital C-Type prints (RA-4 process)?
The first advantage is the archival permanence of Giclée prints. According to Wilhelm Imaging Research, pigment prints offer significantly better colour fastness depending on inkset and paper type.
I use a heavyweight almost watercolour paper called Hahnemühle German Etching or Canson Infinity Arches Aquarelle Rag for a textured finish or a smoother Hahnemühle Photo Rag which reproduces detail very crisply.
The second advantage is dynamic range and colour gamut (range of colours). If the work features vibrant, saturated colours, giclée prints will allow you to reproduce colours that are usually out of gamut in traditional RA-4 printing.
How long do Giclée Fine Art Prints last?
Archival inks and only acid free papers and canvasses for the finest and most long lasting prints. Framed prints under glass, depending on the paper, expected to last well over 150 years in good environmental conditions especially away from direct sunlight. Prints framed under glass with UV protection will last even longer.